Our mission is to encourage self-empowerment and
provide direct services for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
How to Become a Member
Anyone who is HIV+ is warmly welcomed to become a member of The Aliveness Project. Here is the process:
1. Fill out a Membership Application. Click here to download it now (also attached below) or call 612-824-LIFE (5433).
2. Call our Director of Member Services at 612-824-LIFE (5433), ext. 202, and set up an orientation meeting and tour.
3. We verify your HIV status with your doctor or case manager.
4. You receive an Access Pass Card and number to present when using services.
Your privacy is important to us and membership is completely confidential.
Membership is free and the sign-up process is fast.
Member Rules & Regulations
The staff, volunteers, and members of The Aliveness Project welcome you. To ensure everyone’s comfort and safety while using our services and programs, the following guidelines have been adopted. Compliance with these guidelines is required of all members, volunteers, and staff.
1. Being under the influence of, consuming, or distributing alcohol, narcotics, or any illegal substances while attending any on- or off-site activities is prohibited.
2. Under no circumstances, and at no time, will verbal or physical abuse of members, staff, or volunteers be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, derogatory remarks about race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, and religion.
3. The Aliveness Project bans guns and other weapons in these premises.
4. The Aliveness Project is a smoke-free facility; smoking is not permitted in our building.
5. In accordance with the City of Minneapolis Health Codes, only staff and authorized volunteers are permitted in the kitchen areas.
6. The removal of items (including, but not limited to food, books, furnishings, equipment, or personal property) without the knowledge and consent of a staff member is prohibited.
7. No animals of any kind are permitted in the dining room, kitchen, or food shelf. Assistive animals are permitted with prior notice.
8. Misrepresenting yourself as a staff member of The Aliveness Project is prohibited.
9. Program services and the Access Pass Business Listing are for the use of Aliveness Project members only.
10. It is not the responsibility of the staff or volunteers to maintain the cleanliness of the facilities. It is expected that you clean up after yourself following meals or activities.
11. No sleeping or eating is permitted in the main lobby. If you need to lie down and rest, speak with any staff member about using a therapy room.
12. When accessing services, members are expected to comply with all program rules.
In short, treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.
Membership and access to services at The Aliveness Project are a privilege. We expect members, staff and volunteers to behave in an appropriate manner while in our building. Members who violate these guidelines are subject to having their membership suspended for 30 days or more. Staff who violate these guidelines may be subject to suspension without pay or immediate dismissal. The Aliveness Project staff and Board of Directors reserve the right to amend these guidelines as necessary. Members have the right to expect that any changes to these guidelines will be published on the website and in The Aliveline in a timely manner.