Our mission is to encourage self-empowerment and
provide direct services for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
Job Opening: HIV MEDICAL CASE MANAGER
Purpose: To provide medical case management services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
- Provide medical case management services (Tiers I, II & III) to individuals living with HIV/AIDS who need help in dealing with chemical dependency, mental illness, housing, and other issues.
- Conduct comprehensive psycho-social assessments and re-assessments of case management clients.
- Complete individual service plans with clients to set goals and strategies.
- Maintain client records and files, collect required documentation from clients, complete data entry of client notes, process information for program reports and invoicing, etc.
- Assist Director of Case Management with coordination of Case Management Program.
- Assist with other membership services activities throughout the year, including annual picnic, holiday basket program, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work. Prefer candidate with Minnesota Social Work Licensure.
Experience: As least one year of previous experience providing social services in a job that involved carrying a caseload and the following duties: psychosocial assessments, interdisciplinary care coordination, resource development, development and utilization of client-centered care plans. Prefer candidates with experience in HIV/AIDS field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in providing case management services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS, including psycho-social assessment of clients, interdisciplinary care coordination, monitoring of health/social service delivery, and development/usage of client-centered care plans.
- Knowledge of social work and case management guidelines and issues related to working with low-income clients, including data privacy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of issues and community resources related to HIV/AIDS, chemical dependency, mental illness, housing, health insurance, and other social services.
- Knowledge of and skills using personal computer equipment and related software for word processing (MS Word), client database (MS Access) and spreadsheets (MS Excel).
- Skills in preparing client files, records and program reports.
- Skill in planning such as identifying and sequencing action steps to achieve results.
- Ability to deal with clients respectfully and act in a confidential manner.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, categorize, and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage stress in a proactive manner.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
Hours: 40 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours.
Salary: $15.00/hour. Benefits include health insurance, holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
To apply, please submit résumé with cover letter by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10 to:
The Aliveness Project, 730 East 38th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
PH: 612-822-7946 FAX: 612-822-9668 www.aliveness.org
This position will be posted until filled.