Our mission is to encourage self-empowerment and
provide direct services for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
Job Opening: Member Services Program Assistant
Reports to: Director of Case Management and Member Services
Purpose: To provide data entry, filing, appointment scheduling, and other office work for membership services programs for individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
- Coordinate collection, data entry and filing of information for clients living with HIV/AIDS.
- Conduct new client intakes and orientation sessions. Process, data entry and filing of client applications. Mail out welcome packets to new clients.
- Assist with coordination of Integrative Therapy Program (e.g., massages, acupuncture and chiropractic treatments), including input of appointments into MS Access database, follow-up record-keeping for completed appointments, submission of payroll for contract therapists, and assistance with program reports.
- Assist with maintaining and updating client records and files.
- Assist with coordination of Holiday Basket Program and other membership services programs.
- Assist with answering phone calls and scheduling appointments at front desk as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school education or higher and at least one year of experience working in a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and skills using personal computer equipment and related software for word processing (MS Word) , database (MS Access) and spreadsheets (MS Excel).
- Good organizational skills to preparing client files, records and program reports.
- Effective communication skills related to making phone calls and dealing with clients.
- Knowledge of issues related to HIV/AIDS, chemical dependency, mental illness and other related issues.
- Ability to deal with clients respectfully and process information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff.
- Experience with working with diverse populations.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Hours: 24 hours per week. Occasional evening or weekend hours.
Salary: $10.00 per hour. Benefits include Paid Time off and holidays.
To apply, please submit resume with cover letter or complete job application
By 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10 to:
The Aliveness Project, 730 East 38th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
PH: 612-822-7946 FAX: 612-822-9668 www.aliveness.org